Sultan ul Ashiqeen
Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is the 31st Shaikh of Sarwari Qadri order. This order originates from Prophet Mohammad and reaches umma through Ali ibn Abi Talib and then Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani. Eventually it reached Sultan Bahoo rehmat-ul-Allah alayh who significantly spread it in the sub-continent. Presently, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is its spiritual leader. He got the Trust of Faqr from Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali rehmat-ul-Allah alayh.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman belongs to an Arain family. The genealogy of Arains traces back to Shaikh Saleem al-Raee’s son Shaikh Habib al-Raee. Shaikh Haleem al-Raee’s genealogy meets genealogy of Prophet Mohammad sall Allahu alayhi wa’alihi wasallam six steps back at Loee. Shaikh Habib al-Raee was a great Saint. He got beneficence from the sacred Companion Salman the Persian.
Data Ganj Bakhsh Ali ibn Usman al-Hazveri has also mentioned about Habib al-Raee in his book Kashf-ul-Mahjub in these words;
- Among the Saints of the highest level, Shaikh Habib al-Raee son of Shaikh Saleem al-Raee is included. He is leader of all the Saints and holds a great status. There are a number of signs, which prove his grand level. He was among the companions of Salman the Persian. Moreover, he related Hadith from Prophet Mohammad that, “A true believer’s intention is better than his action.”(Kashf-ul-Mahjub)
His son Shaikh Haleem al-Raee came to India from Arab with Mohammad Bin Qasim in order to preach Islam. Afterwards he settled in India and his progeny got the name Raeen which changed to Arain with passage of time.
Before partition of Sub-continent, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s ancestors lived in Madhan village, Jalandhar India. After partition, they migrated to Pakistan sacrificing many lives and all their property. In Pakistan, they initially settled in Shahkot, Lyallpur (present Faisalabad). Then Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s father Abdul Hameed shifted to Bakhshan Khan, Tehsil Chishtian, District Bahawalnagar, Pakistan.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s father was Abdul Hameed rehmat-ul-Allah alayh. He was born on February 8, 1931 (21 Ramadan, 1349 Hijri) at Madhan, Tehsil Nakodar, District Jalandhar, India. He got education till middle standard and started working with his father in agriculture. Alongside, he also learnt accounting from a Hindu that paid him a lot in his practical life. He was a great worshipper and punctually offered his midnight (Tahajjud) prayer. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen says that he had never seen his father missing any voluntary prayer, let alone missing the compulsory ones.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s mother Kaneez Fatima rehmat-ul-Allah alayha was born in Jalandhar, India on 4th August 1934 (23rd Rabi al-awwal, 1353 Hijri). After partition of Sub-continent her family migrated to Pakistan and settled in Montgomery (present Sahiwal). Her wedding took place with Abdul Hameed on 13th March, 1958 (21 Shaban, 1377 Hijri). Afterwards, in 1990, this pious couple shifted to Lahore.
She was an ardent lover of Prophet Mohammad and the People of Cloak (Ahl al-Bayt). Moreover, she had great devotion towards Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani. Thus, she regularly used to arrange gatherings to commemorate most of the holy events.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has great influence of his mother’s nature and personality. Physically also he resembles her a lot. She died on 6th June, 1990 (12 Dhul al-Qadah, 1410 Hijri) in Lahore, Pakistan. While, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s father died on 18th June, 2004 (29 Rabi ath-thani 1425 Hijri). Both parents are buried in the graveyard of Kareem Block, Allama Iqbal Town, Lahore, Pakistan.
BIRTH AND CHILDHOOD
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman was born on Wednesday, 19th August 1959 (14 Safar, 1379 Hijri) at 4:30 am in Bakhshan Khan, Bahawalnagar District, Pakistan. The sacred essence of child and his proximity with Allah showed signs to his mother even before his birth. As, she did not feel any problem while bearing him which is very rare for any mother. After birth also he would not annoy her mother by crying for milk, rather waited patiently. As a kid, he neither made demands nor indulged in useless activities. In short, he was sober and possessed distinguishing attributes since childhood.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has been chosen for the treasure of Faqr since eternity. Hence, the Divine light is radiant from his countenance since birth. Whoever saw this sacred child, could not take his gaze away from his luminous face. A Fakir often used to visit his parents. When he saw Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen for the first time, he was amazed to see his celestial countenance. He told his mother, “Allah has chosen your son for a sacred purpose and inscribed special destiny on his forehead. Hence, he will spend his whole life under the supervision of Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani. He will prepare and train your son spiritually to execute that sacred responsibility”. On another occasion, he said, “Your son is a leader. Wherever he would go, he will lead”. Hence, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s tough training started from childhood as he had to face extremely arduous conditions throughout his childhood and youth.
EDUCATION AND PRACTICAL LIFE
Since childhood, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman was anxious about knowing the reality of Islam. Hence, he kept pondering over signs of Allah and message of Prophet Mohammad. He was four years old when his religious and worldly education started. His father was not stable financially. Sultan-ul-Asiqeen is the eldest son of his parents as well as extremely caring and responsible person. So, in order to support his family, he started earning by doing various jobs from very small age. For this purpose, he had to leave his education every now and then. Owing to his hardworking nature, he not only completed his studies despite all odds but also excelled as a student. He passed his matriculation from Multan Board in 1978. Then, in 1983, he did his graduation with first division from Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan. He was good player of hockey during student life and participated in declamations as well.
His intelligence and writing skills can be judged by the fact that he used to write moral based articles in children’s section of Daily newspapers Mashriq, Masawat, Imroz, etc. when he was only twelve years old.
In April 1985, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen began his career with a government job in Lahore. Due to which, he had to shift to Lahore. He continued this job with devotion for twenty eight years, then got retirement in December, 2013. He got married on 13th March, 1987 (13 Rajab, 1407 Hijri) and started a well-settled life.
SEARCH FOR THE DIVINE TRUTH
Afterwards, his life took sudden turn, whereby his financial conditions gradually improved. Whatever business he started, flourished quickly. Allah granted him excessive wealth so that he could experience its fake charm and understand its reality. Soon, he overcame all the worldly attractions and his desire to get closer to Allah heightened. Despite all luxuries of life, his soul was restless. So, in order to find spiritual contentment he started to meditate and worship excessively. Only at the age of thirty-seven he left the worldly matters and absorbed himself completely in his relation with Allah. He spent most of his time in devotions and recitals. Sometimes the inward restlessness increased so much that he wept for hours.
One day, he came across a strange man who revealed, “Period of Allah’s beneficence has begun for you. Remain steadfast on your inner state.” On hearing about his esoteric condition from an unknown person, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen got quite surprised and inquired him who he was. The man replied, “I am the one who helps people and shows them ‘the way’. I have come just to see you”. Saying this, he moved ahead. After a while, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen tried to search him but he seemed to have disappeared. He described the man’s appearance to the people around but no one had seen any such man.
Hence, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen continued his search for Truth through mystic struggles and devotions. He specifically made Fatimah-tuz-Zahra his mediator to present his pleas in court of Holy Prophet.
SPIRITUAL OATH OF ALLEGIANCE (al-bayah)
On 12th April 1997, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen had a spiritual experience. That night after offering midnight prayer he esoterically found himself in the Mohammadan Assembly. Ali ibn Abi Talib alongwith his sons Hasan and Husayn were sitting at right side of Holy Prophet. While Abu Bakr Siddiq, Umar ibn Khattab, Usman ibn Affan and leaders of four spiritual orders were sitting at left. Grandeur of assembly and its members made him spellbound. He was about to collapse when Ali held his hand and let him sit in the feet of Holy Prophet. Then, he respectfully said to Holy Prophet, “This is Najib-ur-Rehman. He is your humble slave and spiritual son of your beloved daughter Fatimah. She has chosen him as heir of her spiritual asset and has sent him to you for approval.”
Thereupon, Sultan ul Ashiqeen humbly bowed his head at the feet of Holy Prophet. The Holy Prophet replied, “Indeed! I have got the recommendation and accepted it. He is my spiritual son as well, but whose legacy we should grant him?” Hasan replied, “Respected mother has requested to grant him my legacy.” Then, the Holy Prophet held Sultan ul Ashiqeen from shoulders and said, “You are my spiritual son and heir. I will surely make you my manifestation and an era will gain my beneficence through you. You have pleased my beloved daughter so I am pleased with you.” Then, Holy Prophet stretched his hands towards him. Hence, he took oath at the hands of Holy Prophet.
TRAINING BY SHAIKH ABDUL QADIR JILANI
Afterwards, Holy Prophet said to Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani while giving Sultan ul Ashiqeen’s hand in his hands, “You have his legacy. He is beloved son of my daughter Fatimah and now he is also my spiritual son as well as yours. So, I hand him over to you. His intrinsic training is now your responsibility.”
After being honoured with this grand blessing, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen kissed the feet of Holy Prophet, People of Cloak and Rashidun Caliphs. Everyone in the assembly congratulated him. Henceforth, Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani started his spiritual training and enriched him with his benevolence. He gave him the Divine knowledge of all attributive names of Allah. Thus, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen recited each Divine name lakhs of times. Moreover, in December 1997, Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani granted him the invocation of Ism-e-Allah . After that, granted him the ilm-e-dawat i.e knowledge of communication with the souls of shrines. When Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani had completed his spiritual education he ordered him to find the perfect spiritual guide (Murshid).
PHYSICAL OATH OF ALLEGIANCE
In search of perfect spiritual guide, Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman visited many places within and outside Lahore. He met a lot of Pirs (guides), however his heart was not inclined towards anyone. In February 1998, he dreamt that a celestial person is saying to him, “Come my son. I am waiting for you.” On waking up, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen was very surprised. He started searching that awe-inspiring face.
In March 1998, he again saw the same spectacular face in his dream. That holy person opened an old box from which golden Ism-e-Allah Zaat emerged high and started shining brightly near his head. Then he said, “Son! You have suffered a lot of hardships. Now just come to me.” While pointing towards Ism-e-Allah Zaat, he added, “I have this Trust of yours. I have been waiting for you for a long time to entrust it to you.” Hence, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen became extremely desperate to meet that dignified personality.
On 12th April 1998, early morning he went to the shrine of Sultan Bahoo. Sultan Bahoo said to him esoterically, “You are my beloved as well. Go to Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz’s shrine, there you will find your spiritual guide Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. He is the one you were looking for”. Then he said, “Go! Your spiritual guide is waiting for you. Have your legacy from him”.
FIRST MEETING WITH SPIRITUAL GUIDE
Immediately, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen reached the shrine of Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz. As soon as he entered the room, he finally saw the same charming face of his dream. Eventually, he felt as if he had found the treasure of both worlds. Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali looked at him and said, “So you have come”. Only he could hear his spiritual guide’s words in the room full of people. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen took oath of allegiance at the hand of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali after evening (Maghrib) salat. The date was 12th April, 1998 (15th Dhul al-Qadah, 1418 Hijri).
From that day onwards, he spent each moment of his life rendering all his physical, spiritual and mental abilities as well as his wealth in serving his spiritual guide and supporting him in his mission of spreading Faqr.
LOVE FOR SPIRITUAL GUIDE
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is the best living example and prodigy of Divine love. Since beginning, he was on the highest pedestal of Divine love and his status is still elevating every moment continuously. He stepped into the arena of love and met every trial successfully due to his hard efforts and true intentions. By virtue of his intense passion, he won all challenges and crossed all obstacles in the way of Divine love.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen got so absorbed in the love of his spiritual guide that he forgot his own existence. All his friendships, relations and other worldly matters lost their importance. His main concern and priority was only the comfort and happiness of his spiritual guide. He was ready to sacrifice his entire wealth for merely one smile or glance of love from spiritual guide. Ultimately, he annihilated himself in his spiritual guide to such an extent that he became his exact reflection.
SERVICES FOR SPIRITUAL GUIDE
Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali assigned Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen the auspicious service of getting gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat made as well as printed ones. He performed this service throughout the remaining life of his spiritual guide. In the last days of his life, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali ordered him to get gold Ism-e-Mohammad made as well. Furthermore, before death he assigned both of them to him forever.
Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali assigned Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen the duty of publishing monthly magazine Mirat-ul-Arifeen Lahore. He started this duty with great dedication, though he had no previous experience of journalism. In April 2000, the first issue of Mirat-ul-Arifeen Lahore was published. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman was its chief editor. He published it by filial appellation of ‘Abu Al-Murtaza’ which his spiritual guide gave him lovingly due to his son Sahibzada Murtaza Najib. Till August 2004, he successfully ran this magazine according to the teachings of Faqr.
In November 2001, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali assigned Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen the duty to establish the publication department Maktaba Al-Arifeen. He performed this duty with great zeal and dedication. Maktaba Al-Arifeen was established in April 2002. It published the following books:
- Guldasta Abyat-o-Taleemat Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo
- Murshid Kamil Akmal
- Abyat-o-Swaneh Hayat Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo
- Shan Sultan-ul-Faqr alongwith Risala Roohi Sharif
- Haqeeqat-e-Ism-e-Allah Zaat
- Guldasta Abyat-o-Munajaat Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Pir Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah
- Tareeqat kia hey?
These books gained much popularity. Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman supervised Maktaba Al-Arifeen till the death of his spiritual guide. Apart from this, he also devoted his house in Education Town and adjacent land for the offices of Maktaba Al-Arifeen and the Islahi Jamat.
PATRON IN CHIEF OF ISLAHI JAMAT
In November 2001, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali made Sultan-ul-Ahiqeen the patron in chief of his organization Islahi Jamat in Lahore. In order to spread the beneficence of Faqr Sultan-ul-Ahiqeen made great efforts and adopted modern preaching methods. The offices of organization in other cities appreciated and adopted his methods. Hence, the entire organization practically came under his supervision.
Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali also gave the responsibility of treasury (bait-ul-maal) of Islahi Jamat to Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman. Because in financial matters, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali trusted him the most.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen took upon himself the responsibility of making clothes for his spiritual guide. He used to present him dresses for all seasons as well as special dresses on Eids and Milad celebrations. He would also present high quality foot wears alongwith the clothes. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen performed this service throughout the life of his spiritual guide with great devotion. So much so he forgot to get his own dresses prepared. Once, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali said while appreciating him, “You have made me wear cloth of every colour and quality. Certainly you have done this out of pure intentions and sincerity. Allah has written the best fortune on your forehead”. Moreover, he took care of his spiritual guide’s health and medicines as well.
When Sultan-ul-Ahiqeen made his house in Mustafa Town Lahore, he got a room specially made for his spiritual guide. Furthermore, he presented his spiritual guide a car as well as big amount to build shrine of Sultan Abdul Aziz.
In 2001, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali intended to perform hajj. He told Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen, “This hajj is important for you and me as well”. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen had already spent all his wealth in the way of Allah. Therefore, he had to sell his car to meet the expenses for himself, his spiritual guide and other companions.
The above mentioned services are only a few among countless services that Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen performed for his spiritual guide. To be precise, all are not mentioned here.
Alongside outward trials, there are continuous trials going on in esoteric self which are secret between disciple and spiritual guide. No one is aware of spiritual state of disciple and the trials he is facing inwardly except his spiritual guide. More so, the challenges in the esoteric self are far tougher than those in the outward.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman says about the intensity of his inward trails;
- If a mountain had to face the trails which I went through, it had crushed into particles.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen met all esoteric trails successfully as well owing to his unprecedented courage and devotion, hence attained highest spiritual level. Consequently, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali chose him for entrusting the Divine Trust due to his ardent love, sincerity and diligence. As Allah says:
اَللّٰہُ یَجتَبِیْٓ اِلَیْہِ مَنْ یَّشَآئُ ۔ (الشوریٰ۔13)
Meaning: Allah chooses for Himself whom He wishes. (42:13)
TRANSFERENCE OF THE DIVINE TRUST (Amanat-e-Illahia)
When Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali had thoroughly tested his heir of Divine Trust, he intended to go for hajj. On February 28, 2001 he went to Makkah with his selected disciples. After performing hajj on March 9th they went to Madina on March 18, 2001. On 21st March, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali presented his beloved seeker Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman in esteemed court of Holy Prophet. The Holy Prophet approved him as the most capable and deserving heir of his heritage of Faqr. Hence, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali transferred Divine Trust to Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman there and then, at tomb of Holy Prophet.
Afterwards, he trained Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman for two years to hold the throne of Divine guidance and persuasion. On its accomplishment, Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali left physical world on Friday, December 26, 2003 (Dhul al-Qadah 2, 1424 Hijri).
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali once said to Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen, “I am the title of Faqr and you would be the detail of Faqr.” This prediction proved to be true exactly. Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali opened the door of Faqr in this materialistic age which was earlier closed for commonality. While, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is spreading Faqr all over the world. His esoteric and exoteric struggle to spread Faqr as well as such magnificent manifestation of Faqr in his sacred self certainly explains the words of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali about him that, “You would be the detail of Faqr”.
THRONE OF DIVINE GUIDANCE AND PERSUASION
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman held the throne of Divine guidance immediately after death of Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. It is because this throne never remains vacant. A soon as the Divine Universal Man (al-Insan al-Kamil) of an era dies, the next one ascends it. Just like in the physical world, the throne of a king never remains vacant.
Soon after Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen held the throne of Divine guidance, seekers of Allah started coming to him for spiritual persuasion. He granted them Ism-e-Allah Zaat for invocation (zikr) and contemplation (tasawur). However, officially he started accepting oath of allegiance from disciples from 14th August, 2005. Since then, he has made great efforts and taken revolutionary steps to shower the beneficence of Faqr upon the umma.
BENEFICENCE OF ISM-E-ALLAH ZAAT
First and foremost favour of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen upon seekers of Allah is the invocation (zikr) itself. In the past, spiritual guides used to give invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat to disciples in four stages. That is; AllaHoo (اَللّٰہُ), Lillah (لِلّٰہ), LaHoo (لَہُ) and Hoo (ھُو). They got Sultan-ul-Azkar (the sultan of invocations) i.e. Hoo (ھُو) after passing all the basic stages. It was long process and required a lot of time and patience to attain Divine closeness. Usually, most of the disciples could not reach this highest level. Hence, only few chosen seekers would get the Sultan-ul-Azkar. However, Allah has blessed Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen with such great powers that he gives all his disciples the invocation of Sultan-ul-Azkar Hoo (ھُو) on first day of oath. He also gives them printed or pure gold Ism-e-Allah Zaat for contemplation (tasawur).
Shaikh al-Akbar Mohiyuddin ibn Arabi says in his book al-Futuhat al-Makkiyya;
- Hoo (ھُو) is the extreme and most elevated invocation of Mystics.
It means, this invocation elevates the seeker to extreme level of closeness to Allah, i.e. vision and union of Allah. Also, it grants him presence of Mohammadan Assembly.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has travelled around Pakistan many times to spread the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Moreover, he granted thousands of Ism-e-Allah Zaat to seekers within and outside Pakistan, with and without oath. Furthermore, he distributed more than 15000 books of Haqeeqat-e-Ism-e-Allah Zaat (English Translation ‘The Divine Reality of Ism-e-Allah Zaat’) free of cost just to create awareness about miraculous effects of Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
ISM-E-MOHAMMAD, WAHAM AND ILM-E-DAWAT
When seekers get perfection in contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat, then Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen grants them contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad for further spiritual elevation. Ism-e-Mohammad has very pleasant effects on the inward of a seeker. He achieves complete trust on his spiritual observations and vision of Allah which he has gained through Ism-e-Allah Zaat. This eventually makes it easier for the seeker to completely follow sharia.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is the first ever spiritual guide in history of Faqr who has made the beneficence of Ism-e-Mohammad common. Sultan Bahoo says about effects of contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad:
- By contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad, the seeker acquires reality of Divine knowledge. (Kaleed-e-Jannat)
Moreover, for the first time in history of mysticism, the true seekers of Allah elevate to such spiritual heights only by the favour of perfect spiritual guide Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen where they gain the power of waham i.e. spiritual conversation with Allah. In past, only the Saints of highest level could gain this power.
The beneficences of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen are endless. He additionally bestows ilm-e-dawat upon sincere seekers whose inwards have been sanctified. Ilm-e-dawat is the spiritual power to communicate with the souls of shrines. To add, in the past, it was compulsory for the seekers to recite ilm-e-dawat at the shrine of a Saint. However, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has made great favour upon seekers of Allah by allowing them to recite it wherever they are. All these favours not only proof Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s magnificent level in Divine court but also his ultimate kindness upon seekers of Allah.
THE PERFECT SPIRITUAL GUIDE (Murshid Kamil Akmal)
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is perfect spiritual guide of Sarwari Qadri order. He is the man of Divine Essence (Sahib-e-Musamma Murshid) as he perfectly manifests all Divine attributes and Essence. He has undoubtedly got entire qualities of perfect spiritual guide described by Sultan Bahoo. His seekers, whom he has spiritually sanctified, witness all the Divine attributes and Divine light manifesting from him. So much so, they are ready to bear witness in both worlds that he is truly the Universal Divine Man.
He possesses the power to purify soul of seeker just by his attention without putting him in mystic struggles. As a spiritual doctor, he cures diseases of innerselves of his disciples such as jealousy, envy, greed, lust. As a spiritual guide he leads them upon path of piety, patience, steadfastness, humility, gratitude and unconditional Divine love. When seeker’s inward becomes pellucid, he gains vision of Allah in it. Hence, his purged soul gets closeness of Allah.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is such a beneficent spiritual guide that he is well-aware of every physical and spiritual state of his disciples. None of his seekers is out of his sight no matter where they may be present physically. As Sultan Bahoo says, “Perfect Qadri Mystic is omnipresent and omniscient.” (Risala Roohi Sharif)
It is matter of just his single glance to liberate seeker from his difficulties whether inward or outward. Only those who have their intentions tainted with doubts about their guide, remain blind from Reality.
WAY OF SPIRITUAL INSTRUCTION
Way of spiritual instruction and guidance of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is quite simple and different from other spiritual guides of today. Neither he involves his disciples in exhaustive exercises such as lengthy prayers, recitals, seclusions etc. nor changes their life styles. Rather, he purifies their souls and innerselves through his powerful attention. He grants them invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat alongwith its inscribing practice on body. Alongside these spiritual practices, he instructs the seekers to focus on sharia.
Whatever inward or outward obstacles come in the way of seeker, he removes them with his spiritual powers. Furthermore, he answers all questions arising in seeker’s mind in an easy to understand manner, persistently relating verses of Holy Quran and Hadith or giving examples from life of Holy Prophet, his Companions and Saints.
He also showers light of Divine knowledge and Faqr upon seekers through his books and monthly magazine Sultan-ul-Faqr Lahore. Things, which a few disciples find difficult to understand verbally or through text, he inculcates them in their inward.
Moreover, through his celestial company, he removes the rust from seekers’ inward and enlightens them with gnosis of Allah. Thus, takes them out of darkness of ignorance towards enlightenment. Consequently, blesses them with exoteric as well as esoteric betterment in both worlds.
Precisely speaking, to attain high spiritual levels, disciple just has to submit to him and he will handle the rest.
STRUGGLE FOR SPREADING FAQR
ESTABLISHMENT OF TEHREEK DAWAT-E-FAQR
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has laid the foundation of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr, so as to spread the message of Faqr in more organized manner. It is a registered organization since October 2009. It is purely a spiritual organization, completely non-governmental, non-political and non-sectarian. Regardless of any sect, group or school of thought, it welcomes all Muslims who seek closeness and vision of Allah.
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr maintains and promotes teachings of Sultan Bahoo and is working all over world through various media of communication. Its main objective is to invite Muslims towards Faqr which is the pride of our Holy Prophet. It is the path of spiritual elevation which leads to vision of Allah and presence of Mohammadan Assembly.
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is patron in chief of Tehreek. He has made an advisory council (Majlis-e-Shura) which comprises of 35 most sincere and dedicated disciples. Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr has following departments:
- Digital Productions
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Invitation and Preaching (dawat-o-tableegh)
- Treasury (bait-ul-maal)
- Lodging and Food
Different members of Majlis-e-Shura are heads of these departments. Moreover, there is a management committee (Intazamia) which supervises all these departments and entire matters of organization. The members of management are elected through voting. There is also a General Council.
Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr has regional offices all over Pakistan. Heads and workers of these offices are chosen from devoted disciples of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen living in these areas. He often visits these offices and supervises their activities.
KHANQAH OF SARWARI QADRI ORDER
Allah says in Quran:
فِیْ بُیُوْتٍ اَذِنَ اللّٰہُ اَنْ تُرْفَعَ وَ یُذْکَرَ فِیْھَا اسْمُہٗ یُسَبِّحُ لَہٗ فِیْھَا بِالْغُدُوِّ وَ الْاٰصَالِ
Meaning: “(Such niches are) in the houses which Allah has ordered to be raised and that His name be mentioned therein; exalting (invoking) Him within them in the mornings and in the evenings.” (24:36)
Shahabudin Suhrawardi says:
“In this verse, ‘houses’ refer to khanqahs.” (Awarif-ul-Ma’arif)
Khanqah is the place where seekers of Allah practise invocation (zikr) of Ism-e-Allah Zaat day and night. Here, they get the company and guidance of perfect spiritual guide to purify their souls. Hence, get enriched with closeness of Allah.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has established khanqah for his disciples, exactly in the same manner as all Saints did. The offices of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr, Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications and Digital Productions are also in this khanqah. It also has a computer lab. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman meets his disciples every Sunday in khanqah. Also he graces khanqah with his presence every now and then to supervise projects of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr for spreading Faqr. Trained disciples of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen are working day and night in this khanqah under his supervision to spread message of Faqr through magazine, books, websites, personal meetings and lot more.
Doors of khanqah are open for everyone day and night without discrimination of any sect, caste, creed or status. However, only male disciples can enter the khanqah. Female seekers of Allah attend the gathering held at his house every Sunday.
Construction of new Khanqah and Mosque:
On Friday, 1st December, 2017 (12 Rabi-ul-Awal 1437 H) Sultan ul Ashiqeen announced the project of new khanqah and a mosque. He requested the disciples to take part in it with great zeal. The construction will start soon, Inshallah.
Please visit for complete study about Khanqah and construction of new Khanqah
DEPARTMENT OF INVITATION AND PREACHING
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has established a department of invitation and preaching (dawat-o-tableegh) to propagate the teachings of Faqr among masses. Preachers get special training for this purpose. These preachers are busy in spreading Faqr and inviting people towards it, all over Pakistan.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman set the foundation of Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications (Registered) in August 2006. So as to spread the teachings of Faqr through books, pamphlets, magazine and other published material. This department is publishing monthly magazine Mahnama Sultan-ul-Faqr Lahore successfully since August 2006 under the supervision of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. This is an ideal platform and opportunity to let people have knowledge about the reality of Faqr i.e. true Islam. Aditionally, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has also started its website: www.mahnama-sultan-ul-faqr-lahore.com
Moreover, this department is publishing latest translations of Sultan Bahoo books in English as well as Urdu. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen himself has written quite a number of books to benefit common Muslims. All his books reveal the real and esoteric aspect of Islam as well as promote the teachings of Saints. Sultan-ul-Faqr publications has published English translations of many of his books as well. All these books are present on the website www.sultan-ul-faqr-publications.com. These books can be read online and downloaded as well. Since it is non-profit organization, the aim of Sultan-ul-Faqr Publications (Registered) is not to market or sell the books. Hence, to allow people to understand true spirit of Faqr, a lot of sources have been provided to read books. Detail of his books is in the BOOKS section.
MULTIMEDIA DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
To spread the message of Faqr in entire world, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen has established the department of Multimedia Design and Development. Under this department, following websites are present:
- Sultan Bahoo:
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen:
- Sultan ul Arifeen:
- Tehreek Dawat e Faqr:
- Sultan ul Faqr:
- Sultan ul Faqr Publications:
- Mahnama Sultan ul Faqr:
- Khanqah Silsila Sarwari Qadri:
- Sultan ul Faqr Library:
- Sarwari Qadri Saints:
- VIDEO WEBSITES
This department has also made special website by the name of www.sultan-ul-ashiqeen.com. This is a detailed website based upon Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s life, struggle and his books. This website is informative for his disciples and devotees who wish to know more about him.
Apart from that, numerous facebook pages under the flag of Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr exist on famous Saints, books and concepts of Faqr.
SULTAN-UL-FAQR DIGITAL PRODUCTIONS
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman laid the foundation of department of Sultan-ul-Faqr Digital Productions. It is a sub-department of Sultan-ul-Faqr Multimedia Design and Development. This department spreads the teachings of Faqr through audios and videos present on these websites:
This department is also running the following video channels on video social media.
VIDEO SOCIAL MEDIA
- Sultan ul Faqr . Sultan Bahoo Official:
- Sultan Bahoo Official TV:
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen TV .Official Channel:
- Sultan ul Faqr & Sultan Bahoo Official:
- Sultan Bahoo TV| Official TV:
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen TV:
INSTAGRAM TV (IG TV)
- Sultan Bahoo:
SOUNDCLOUD (Audio Channel)
- Sultan ul Faqr:
Audios and videos of Hamd (praise of Allah), Naat (praise of Holy Prophet), mystic poetry of spiritual guides of Sarwari Qadri order, poetry of Iqbal, all 201 couplets of Sultan Bahoo are prepared and uploaded by this department. It also prepares and uploads videos of all events celebrated by Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr under presidentship of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen as well as videos of his preaching tours. Moreover, it is also recording and uploading lectures regarding teachings of Faqr.
Social Media wing is the sub department of Multimedia Design and Development. Social Media wing are running many accounts on Social Media for spreading the teachings of faqr. The detail of accounts are given below:
- Official: www.instagram.com/tehreekdawatefaqr.official
- Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen: https://www.instagram.com/sultan_ul_ashiqeen/
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen TV: https://twitter.com/AshiqeenTv
- Sultan Bahoo TV: https://twitter.com/BahooTv
- Sultan ul Faqr TV: https://twitter.com/FaqrTv
- Sultan ul Faqr: https://twitter.com/SultanulFaqr
- Tehreek Dawat e Faqr: https://twitter.com/TDForganization
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen: https://twitter.com/SultanulAshiqen
- Sultan ul Faqr Publications: https://twitter.com/SF_Publications
- Mahnama Sultan ul Faqr: https://twitter.com/Mahnama_SF
- Sultan Bahoo: https://twitter.com/SultanBahoo_RA
- Sultan ul Arifeen: https://twitter.com/SultanalArifeen
- Khanqah Sarwari Qadri: https://twitter.com/KhanqahSQ
- Sarwari Qadri Saints: https://twitter.com/SarwariQadri_St
- Sultan ul Ashiqeen: https://www.pinterest.com/sultanulashiqeen/
- Sultan Bahoo: https://www.pinterest.com/SakhiSultanBahoo/
- Tehreek Dawat e Faqr: https://www.pinterest.com/tehreek_dawatefaqr/
- Sultan ul Faqr Publications: https://www.pinterest.com/SultanulFaqrPublications/
- Mahnama Sultan ul Faqr: https://www.pinterest.com/mahnama_sultanulfaqr/
- Sultan ul Faqr: https://www.pinterest.com/sultanulfaqr/
- Sultan ul Arifeen: https://www.pinterest.com/Sultan_ul_Arifeen/
- Khanqah Sarwari Qadri: https://www.pinterest.com/khanqahsq/
- Sarwari Qadri Saints: https://www.pinterest.com/SarwariQadriSaints/
- TehreekDawat e FaqrRegd: linkedin.com/in/tehreek-dawat-e-faqr-06456559/
- Sultan ulAshiqeen: linkedin.com/in/sultan-ul-ashiqeen-4a6a63153
- Sultan ul Faqr Publications: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sultan-ul-faqr-publications-299883177
- Tehreek_Dawat_e_Faqr: reddit.com/user/Tehreek_Dawat_e_Faqr/
- Sultan ulAshiqeen: tumblr.com/blog/sultanulashiqeen
In khanqah of Sarwari Qadri order, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman and his disciples celebrate all the holy events. Disciples decorate the entire khanqah on special occasions and make arrangements for gathering. They also arrange grand langar for the guests. There is open invitation for everyone without any discrimination. Hence, not only the disciples of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen from all around Pakistan but other people also attend these gatherings and gain blessings of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. Thus, there is a gathering of thousands of people on every holy occasion.
Mawlid al-Nabi (Milad of Holy Prophet)
Mawlid of Prophet Mohammad is celebrated in khanqah of Sarwari Qadri order with great splendor on 12th Rabi al-awwal annually. All disciples participate in it with great zeal and zest. They start its preparations two months earlier and prepare encomiums and speeches elaborating grandeur of the Holy Prophet. On the holy occasion, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen graces the khanqah, then disciples present the encomiums and speeches. Afterwards, langar is served. Then, everyone gains the privilege of meeting Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen personally. Moreover, those who want to take oath of allegiance also get the opportunity.
Furthermore, on this holy event, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen also grants Ism-e-Mohammad to his disciples who have crossed the initial spiritual levels. Undoubtedly, contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad further elevates them. Additionally, makes it easier for them to follow the path of Faqr by the benediction of Prophet Mohammad.
All guests leave the gathering after getting showers of Divine light and spiritual beneficence of the Holy Prophet.
Mawlid-Al-Nabi (Milad e Mustafa)
Regarding Transference of Divine Trust (Faqr)
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s disciples also celebrate a grand Mawlid-Al-Nabi on 21st March every year with great enthusiasm regarding the day of transference of Divine Trust to him. This is the greatest and grandest gathering of disciples of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. Not only from all over Pakistan but also from abroad his disciples attend this Mawlid with extreme devotion. In this gathering they recite Hamd, Naat and the eulogies written by disciples of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen who have attained to his divine reality through invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. These eulogies elaborate his grand status near Allah as well as his infinite beneficence upon his seekers. Besides, disciples also deliver speeches shedding light upon his biography, charismatic personality, endless struggle to spread Faqr and matchless grandeur. After the program, grand langar is served to all guests. At the end, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen personally meets everyone and blesses them with his kindness.
This is the second event of the year after Mawlid, where Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen grants Ism-e-Mohammad.
Commemoration of Urs Ceremonies
Apart from these two grand gatherings, other events Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen annually holds in khanqah are:
- Commemoration of martyrdom of Husayn ibn Ali on 10th Moharram
- Commemoration of death anniversary of Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani in Rabi ath-Thani
- Death anniversary of Sultan Bahoo in Jumada ath-Thani
- Death anniversary of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s spiritual guide Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali.
Large number of people from all over the country attend this events and gain blessings of these Saints through Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
Female disciples of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen celebrate all these events at Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen house under the presidentship of his respected wife.
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali said:
- The leader of Sarwari Qadri order does not stay at one place. As, he makes it incumbent upon himself to travel through the earth to grant Ism-e-Allah Zaat. And invite people towards the gnosis (marifah) of Allah. (Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Life and Teachings)
Sultan Bahoo used to travel a lot to spread the bounty of Ism-e-Allah Zaat to far off areas. Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali travelled all year round for the same purpose. Following this tradition and command, Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen travels excessively to invite people towards Faqr and grant them beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. In these tours, a large number of seekers acquire Ism-e-Allah Zaat with and without oath of allegiance.
TITLES AND STATUS
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s parents named him Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman. While, his spiritual guide gave him the filial appellation of ‘Abu-al-Murtaza’ due to his son Sahibzada Mohammad Murtaza Najib.
When Divine Trust was transferred to him, in 2001, he was conferred the name of Sultan Mohammad from Mohammadan Assembly. However, it officially became a part of his name when he adorned the throne of Divine guidance and persuasion. Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani, Sultan Bahoo and Pir Bahadur Ali Shah ordered him to make it permanent part of his name. Sultan Mohammad is usually part of every spiritual leader of Sarwari Qadri order after Sultan Bahoo. It is because Sultan Bahoo exalted the Sarwari Qadri order to ultimate heights. Hence, ‘Sultan’ shows relation to him and his order. Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali has described another reason for Sultan being part of their names in these words:
- Hoo is Sultan-ul-Azkar (king of invocations). Whoever annihilates in Hoo is ‘the Sultan’.
Whereas, Mohammad depicts relation with Prophet Mohammad.
Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman’s title is Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen (Sultan of all the lovers of Allah). All the Shaikhs of Sarwari Qadri order bestowed this title upon him in the Mohammadan Assembly in 2012. As, he proved himself to be the most ardent lover of Allah and Prophet Mohammad. The way he loved and served his spiritual guide outwardly as well as inwardly is also unprecedented. Infact, his whole life is an embodiment of love of Allah and His Prophet Mohammad. He has not only devoted his life for Divine love but is also showing its path to seekers of Allah. Each and every aspect of his life and personality prove that he truly deserves the title of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen. All the Saints were Aashiq (lover) of Allah but Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is the Sultan of Ashiqeen.
This title is also continuation of titles of previous spiritual leaders of Sarwari Qadri order. Like, title of Sultan Bahoo is Sultan-ul-Arifeen. Title of his successor Sayyid Abdullah Shah is Sultan-ul-Tarikeen. Spiritual leader after him was Pir Abdul Ghafoor Shah whose title is Sultan-ul-Sabireen.
Due to his utmost efforts to spread the beneficence of Faqr, many other beautiful titles are also bestowed upon Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman from the Mohammadan Assembly such as;
This title means ‘reflection of al-Ghawth al-Azam Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani’. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen got this esteemed title as he revived true Islam in this age of sectarianism just like al-Ghawth al-Azam did.
Aftab-e-Faqr means ‘the Sun of Faqr’. Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali conferred this title upon his beloved spiritual heir. No doubt, he is the Sun of Faqr, which is spreading its light in the whole world. Moreover, Faqr is not hidden now only due to his struggles.
Its meaning is ‘the Glory of Faqr’. Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman got this title because he manifested the glory of Faqr in the present world. Moreover, he acquainted the world with the grandeur of spiritual leaders of Sarwari Qadri order through his writings. Hence, to acknowledge his efforts, they granted him the title SHAN-E-FAQR.
The disciples and seekers of Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman have adorned him with the title of SULTAN-UL-ZAKIREEN meaning ‘Sultan of invokers’. Basis of this title is that he grants Sultan-ul-Azkar Hoo to his every disciple on first day of taking oath.
‘Khadim Sultan-ul-Faqr’ meaning ‘the humble servant of Sultan-ul-Faqr’ had also been a part of his name for long time. It shows his love for his spiritual guide, the Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali.
Allah has blessed Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen with an elevated level of Divine beauty. He has annihilated in Divine light with such extremity and absorbed it to such an extent that now it even exudes through his outward self, becoming a spectacle for all to see, praise and adore.
His skin illuminates with Divine radiance, hence he looks way younger than his age. In gatherings, those whom Allah has granted beauty seem dull in front of his unmatched beauty. He usually keeps his eyes down out of modesty. However, it takes only one glance of his to change the state of seeker and bless him with gnosis.
His countenance in itself is a prodigy of light of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. It is a countenance that contains ultimate beauty and holds the unknown secrets. Each seeker reads it according to his/her spiritual status. Yet there is surely something for everyone to read.
To describe the beauty of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman with humanly limitations would be injustice to his grandeur. In fact, words are inadequate to explain how impeccable and stunning he is. Since he possesses the light of Allah, his beauty is unexplainable. That is why only the true lovers of Allah can observe his real mesmerizing beauty. While seeing him, lovers wish for time to pause so they can absorb manifestation of Divine light. Precisely speaking, every beautiful thing of universe owes its beauty to the Divine beauty of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen.
GRANDEUR OF SULTAN-UL-ASHIQEEN IN THE LIGHT OF QURAN AND HADITHS
The amazing personality of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is true reflection of following verses of Quran and Hadiths;
- His inward – The Throne of Allah.
قَلْبُ الْمُؤْمِنِ عَرْشَ اللّٰہِ تَعَالٰی
Meaning: The inward of a believer is the Throne of Allah.
- His sacred existence – Exactly according to the Qudsi Hadith; “When My slave seeks My closeness through excessive prayers and devotions (a stage of closeness comes when) I become his ears with which he hears, his eyes with which he sees, his hands with which he holds and his feet with which he walks.” (Sahi Bukhari)
- His attributes – Exactly comply with the Hadith; “This is the attribute of Saints that blessings are found in their speech, their breath, their clothes, their houses and even in the dirt of their feet and at the place where they sit for a day.” (Minhajul Abideen)
- His station – The station of لی مع اللّٰہ (where there is no one between Allah and His beloved)
- His glory – According to the verse: کُلَّ یَوْمٍ ھُوَ فِیْ شَاْنٍ meaning: “Everyday His glory manifests anew”. (55:29)
- Way – Love conquers the world.
- His principle – Perpetual work with perfect certainty.
- His teaching – Only Allah! Everything other than Allah is lust.
- Preaching – Run towards Allah. (51:50)
- His deeds – Only for Allah
قُلْ اِنَّ صَلَاتِیْ وَنُسُکِیْ وَمَحْیَایَ وَمَمَاتِیْ لِلّٰہِ رَبِّ الْعٰلَمِیْنَ
Meaning: Say, “Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah only, the Lord of worlds.” (6:162)
MORALS AND PERSONALITY
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is stationed at the highest pedestal of best morals. All his attributes are model and reflection of beautiful attributes of Holy Prophet. Every aspect of his personality depicts that he is certainly on Prophet Mohammad’s footsteps. Veracity, clemency, patience, humility, endurance, perseverance, fulfilling the promise, respecting others, modesty, sagacity, magnanimity, broad mindedness, dignity, courageousness and tolerance are his prominent attributes.
HUMILITY AND KINDNESS
Although the status of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is extremely elevated yet he is so humble and leads simple life. He easily mixes with people and is always the first one to greet others. He gives equal respect to all his disciples irrespective of their education or class. However, those who possess piety find themselves closer to him.
Allah has blessed Sultan ul Ashiqeen with a very kind and soft heart. He cannot see anyone in pain and shares the sorrows of his disciples. He is so kind towards his disciples that each one of them feels that he loves him the most.
Sultan ul Ashiqeen forgives the mistakes of his disciples no matter how big they are and makes them learn from mistakes. Hiding others’ faults is also one of his special attributes. He sagaciously makes the disciples aware of their shortcomings and teaches them how to improve themselves.
INTELLIGENCE AND WISDOM
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is unprecedented in intelligence and wisdom. He is conversant not only in religious and inward knowledge but also in worldly and outward knowledge. Whether it is the knowledge of history of the world or history of Islam, geography or science, medical or mysticism, law or politics, he has perfect command over every kind of knowledge. When he talks upon any topic, it seems as if his tongue is divulging pearls of wisdom. The listeners are amazed at the vastness of his knowledge. Even though, he reveals only a drop from the ocean of his knowledge.
Not only is he conversant with every kind of knowledge but is also fully acquainted with use of latest technology. He has established the departments of Sultan-ul-Faqr Digital Productions, Multi Media Design and Development, Social Media and Website Promotion wing. To work for these departments, he trained the disciples himself. Although, all disciples who work for these departments belong to new generation and are well-aware of use of latest technology. Yet they need his guidance at every step. It is because no one can achieve that level of perfection which he has owing to his fathomless intelligence.
HARDWORK AND DEDICATION
In addition to intelligence; hard work and dedication are his greatest attributes. His entire life is full of struggle. Whether it is his worldly life or religious life, he earned success and progress by his hard work and dedication. Though Allah’s favours always remained with him yet he left no stone unturned in doing outward and inward struggle. He has already achieved highest levels, spiritually and physically, still his dedication towards his responsibilities is same as before. Although, now his struggle is not meant for himself but for the betterment of his disciples and entire Muslim nation.
Perseverance is one more of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen’s great attributes. Neither the hardships of life nor hostility and cunning tricks of opponents could stop him from achieving his goal. His focus and trust always remained upon Allah while his body and brain perpetually remained busy in work. Due to his ultimate trust upon Allah and confidence upon his hardwork he paid no regard to obstacles and opposition. Rather, kept on progressing towards his destination. Allah has blessed him with great courage and valour which grant him strength to face hardest situations head-on. Eventually, win over the worst calamities.
GENEROSITY AND CONTENTMENT
Generosity and contentment are the distinguished attributes of Sultan ul Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman. Height of his contentment is that he wishes nothing for himself and is happy in whichever condition Allah keeps him. While, extremity of his generosity is that he has sacrificed his each and every possession in the way of Allah. Moreover, now he is distributing his spiritual treasures i.e. the treasure of Faqr among the seekers of Allah most generously. Whoever truly seeks this treasure and makes a little effort for it, he confers it upon him immeasurably.
AWE AND MAJESTY
The state of his awe and majesty is that his gatherings are perfectly disciplined. He utterly disapproves indiscipline and mismanagement. In his presence, no one dares to speak aloud, talk with others or leave the gathering without permission. Great scholars sit respectfully before him.
In short, he is the ideal picture of man shining brilliantly in any relationship or role the seeker may imagine.
ان کی ہر ہر ادا سنتِ مصطفٰیؐ ایسے پیرِ طریقت پہ لاکھوں سلام
Meaning: Infinite salutations for the spiritual guide whose each and every way is the Sunna of Prophet Mohammad.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman has three daughters and a son. His entire family is on the path of Faqr. Further, every one of them is performing numerous duties for Tehreek Dawat-e-Faqr and giving their best to spread Faqr. May Allah shower infinite blessings on the respected family of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen and keep them under His kind shelter. Amin
Teachings of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen are the continuation of teachings of Sultan Bahoo and Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. Few of his words of wisdom upon important topics are given;
ISM-E-ALLAH ZAAT (PERSONAL NAME OF ALLAH)
- Ism-e-Allah Zaat is, in fact, the Divine Essence and is specific for His Divine Self.
- Like Allah Himself, His name is also unprecedented, peerless and unique because of its marvels, astonishing essence and meaningfulness.
- Everyone has a name which is different from his essence. However, since Allah has no partners, therefore, He is one and only in His name and Essence.
- The sustenance for human soul is the luminosity of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. When the soul gains this sustenance, it is blessed with the sight to have Divine vision.
- By invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat, seeker reaches supreme stations of Divine union and presence of Mohammadan Assembly. It is not possible through any other worship or invocation. These are the highest spiritual stations.
- Contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat is the source and treasury of all the spiritual knowledge.
- It is important to perform the invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat under the guidance and supervision of perfect spiritual guide. He is the one who not only knows the secrets of Ism-e-Allah Zaat but also possesses full command over its contemplation. Furthermore, he should be the man of Divine Essence.
- Personal name of Allah (Ism-e-Allah Zaat) and the sacred name of Mohammad (Ism-e-Mohammad) are not just names. Rather, they are their sacred Essence. Their secret reveals only if, during contemplation, the seeker believes that he is beholding the Essence and not just names.
- Ism-e-Allah Zaat اَللّٰہُ is the greatest name of Allah i.e. the Ism-e-Azam. While, Ism-e-Mohammad محمد is the straight path.
- In path of Faqr, whoever will contemplate Ism-e-Mohammad will in fact be seeing the sacred self of Prophet Mohammad.
- Satan is as afraid of Ism-e-Azam and Ism-e-Mohammad as an infidel is of saying creed of Oneness of Allah.
- Ism-e-Mohammad is entirely the Divine compassion and beauty.
- Allah blesses the seeker with his spiritual goal during contemplation of Ism-e-Mohammad or Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
THE KING OF INVOCATIONS (SULTAN-UL-AZKAR HOO)
- The secret of Hoo (ھُو) i.e. the Divine Essence does not reveal without the invocation of Ya-Hoo.
- Unless a person reaches the level of Hoo (ھُو), he can neither recognize Allah nor Prophet Mohammad.
- Ism-e-Allah Zaat is that mirror in which Almighty Allah sees Himself. The person who encompasses himself in Ism-e-Allah Zaat becomes a symbol of Hoo (ھُو). Thus, he represents the Essence and attributes of Hoo.
- Through invocation of Hoo (ھُو), the seeker progresses in the levels of invocation. However, Hoo (ھُو) remains the same from beginning till end.
- The best of all invocations is the invocation performed within oneself secretly (zikr-e-khafi). It blesses the soul with inner peace.
- Literal meaning of Faqr is indigence and poverty. However, according to Mystics it is the destination of life about which Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) said, “Faqr is my pride and Faqr is from me.”
- Faqr is the most remarkable inward rank and marvel. There is nothing comparable to it in the inward.
- Faqr is eternal destiny of those who abdicated all luxuries of world and hereafter on day of Divine covenant. They remained firmly devoted to Almighty Allah only. None of the charms and pleasures of universe could shake their steadfastness.
- Faqr is the ardent Divine love.
- Faqr is the path which takes the slave of Allah to Allah.
- The outward aspect of Faqr is to adopt the virtues of Prophet Mohammad. While, its inward aspect is the Divine vision and union.
- Just like musk, the fragrance of Faqr cannot remain hidden. It manifests from the whole being of Fakir with his each and every deed, which attracts people towards him.
- Faqr has nothing to do with the genealogy.
- Faqr is not complicated. If you want to understand Faqr go through the lives of four Rashidun Caliphs, Faqr will become easy for you.
- Faqr is the most elevated spiritual level whereby a person becomes indifferent to all kinds of needs. He is only concerned about Allah’s will. Hence, he always adapts himself to fate destined to him by Allah and asks for nothing except closeness of Allah.
THE UNIVERSAL DIVINE MAN
- There are many Saints present in the world in one era. Every Saint is at the footsteps of a particular Prophet. Of all, only one chosen Saint is on the footsteps of Prophet Mohammad. That Saint is the universal Divine Man, leader of his time and the absolute slave of Allah in his era. He is most superior in status among all Saints and is al-Ghawth (highest rank in Sufi hierarchy) of his era.
- Ism-e-Allah Zaat is the Lord of all Divine names and attributes, hence the Lord of all Lords. The manifestation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat is the Universal Divine Man.
- The Universal Divine Man knows the secret of reaching the reality of Divine name اَللّٰہُ and the Divine Essence.
- The inward of Universal Divine Man is the place where Divine lights of Essence manifest. Its vastness is beyond explanation and imagination.
- The Universal Divine Man becomes the ultimate manifestation and mirror of Allah. This mirror reflects the Divine lights of Essence, the Divine attributes, names and the Divine actions. He adopts all the Divine attributes and morals and becomes their comprehensive representation.
PERFECT SPIRITUAL GUIDE
- Attaining true knowledge of the Book (Quran) and wisdom is not possible without the guidance of perfect spiritual guide. It is he who saves a devotee from the scams of Satan and the inciting innerself. Eventually, takes him close to Allah, the ultimate shelter. Common people have not even heard the name of this mystic way and knowledge let alone becoming adept at it.
- In the path of Faqr, guidance of the perfect spiritual guide is pivotal. However, one should be aware of thug and fake guides. Those who set to the journey with sincere intention to search Allah are safeguarded from fake guides. Allah, in Whose search they have set out, Himself protects them, and those protected by Allah Himself cannot be misguided.
- In maelstrom of ignorance surrounding both the world and hereafter, perfect spiritual guide is beacon of hope for seeker. He steers the wobbling boat of seeker’s life, overcoming the odds and ferocity, safely to shore (destination of Divine closeness). Without the guidance of perfect spiritual guide, attaining to the stations of annihilation in Allah and being immortal with Him (Fana Fillah Baqa Billah) is mere imagination and conceit.
- Possessor of Trust of Allah, who is the man of Divine Essence, is in fact the perfect spiritual guide. He is the light of Divine guidance. If a seeker finds such spiritual guide, then it is not hard to reach the extreme level of Faqr.
- The origin of universe is the eternal Divine love (Ishq) and creation of man is for its sake. When souls were created from light of Prophet Mohammad, they inherited the exclusive essence of Divine love from the Prophet. The passion of Divine love must arouse in the heart of seeker of Allah in order to attain Divine vision. In fact, the relation of soul and Allah is that of ardent Divine love. Without it, neither the soul awakes nor finds the vision of Allah. It is present in the form of a seed within the human being but is dormant. It awakes in soul by invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat, its inscribing practice and attention of perfect spiritual guide. As soon as it awakes, the passion and attraction for Allah start increasing.
- Without following the sacred sharia absolutely, one cannot reach any station in the way of gnosis of Allah. All levels of Faqr are gained by the blessing of sharia.
- The beginning and finality of Faqr is sharia. The renouncer of sharia cannot even get close to the fragrance of Faqr.
- All the perfect Fakirs in the past strictly abided by the sacred sharia.
- The veritable reality of sharia is gained only by travelling on the path of Faqr.
- Sharia is associated with the material world and its rules apply upon the physical body. As long as the physical body is alive, it has to abide by sharia. Negligence towards it will result in punishment.
To read the detailed account of biography of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Najeeb ur Rehman, Please Visit